Lush Charity Pot
Grants available for: small, grassroots charities and campaign groups working in animal protection, the environment, and human rights.
Size of grants given: Up to £10,000, most grants around £4,000
Aims of Fund
Lush support small, grassroots organisations around the world that are working in the areas of animal protection, the environment , and human rights (including social justice, peace & equality).
Who can apply
Most successful applicants are small, volunteer-run groups who can make a big difference with a small amount.
How much and what can you apply for
You can apply for up to £10,000. Most grants are between £2,000 and £4,000.
Priority is give to causes that are less popular with funders, and projects that push for long-term change, including those that use non-violent direct action as a campaigning tactic.
Their guidance notes say “Charity Pot grants prioritise projects that aim to create long-term change – because it’s crucially important to fund projects that aim to prevent and address the root cause of the problem. That’s why, for example, priority would be given to a project that aims to stop deforestation (e.g. by challenging the palm oil industry) over one that aims to plant trees to restore an area that’s already deforested.”
They do not fund:
- individuals, or for-profit organisations
- groups or projects that support, incite or promote violence, aggression or oppression towards others, or break the law
- groups providing welfare that reaches beyond basic life needs, such as therapies, community social groups, and counselling
- animal farming projects, culling for conservation, the captivity of wild animals (incl. captive breeding programs), or overseas rehoming of animals
- food costs that are not vegetarian/vegan
- printed materials that do not use recycled resources, unless there is a justifiable reason that prevents it (e.g. availability in certain countries is limited)
- air travel
- market-based solutions to climate change, such as carbon trading, carbon offsetting, clean development mechanism or Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD)
- social enterprises, growing projects or reforesting
- significant asset purchases (e.g. land)
- legal challenges, unless they are of national significance and have a favourable barrister’s opinion
- student expeditions, schools, councils, volunteer-tourism projects, academic studies, sponsored activities (e.g. walks, runs, challenges etc), fundraising initiatives, or event sponsorship
How to apply
Deadlines for application
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01202 641001 https://www.lush.com/uk/en/a/charity-pot-funding-guidelines
Page last updated: 5/8/21 RL