Hilden Grants for Children’s Summer Activities
Grants available for: Community-run summer outdoor activities for children
Size of grants given: £1,500
Next deadline: Tbc (will be spring 2024)
Aims of Fund
To support summer outdoor, nature-based activities for children and young people – particularly those from disadvantaged communities and/or those who have disabilities.
Who can apply
Community organisations who are members of Social Farms & Gardens, an umbrella group for community garden projects. Membership is free and is open to any organisation delivering nature-based activities that improve people’s lives. For example, the delivery of care services or community development through farming or gardening.
Applicants must be one of the following types of organisations:
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO / SCIO)
- Not-for-profit company. A company limited by guarantee – registered with Companies House.
- School or educational body (may also be a charity and/or company)
- Registered charity (unincorporated)
- Registered Charity and Not-for-profit Company
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Community Benefit Society
Organisations must have a legal status and must be not for private profit.
In addition, they must have a safeguarding policy in place as well as adequate insurance for the proposed activities and site.
How much and what can you apply for
Up to £1,500 to deliver activities for children and young people aged 5 – 18 that:
- Take place in July and/or August
- Support them to play, learn and have fun outdoors
- Connect them with nature
Applications will be scored based on the following criteria:
- A clear proposal to connect children with nature.
- The ability to engage children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- The ability to engage children with disabilities
- Previous experience of running successful outdoor activities for children.
- A legacy for participants.
Please note: if your application is successful, 50% of the grant is paid upfront, and the remaining 50% is paid when you submit a project report at the end of your project.
See the full terms and conditions for further details.
Hilden Charitable Trust also give general grants to other types of project – see our listing for Hilden Charitable Trust.
How to apply
Fill in the online application form. You will need to submit a copy of your most recent accounts, your safeguarding policy and your public liability insurance certificate – applications will not be considered without these documents uploaded.
Deadlines for application
The fund opens once a year in the spring. The deadline for 2023 was 6th June. Announcements for 2024 are expected to be made in March/April 2024.
Contact detailsThe GreenHouse,
BS3 4NA 0117 923 1800 email@example.com www.farmgarden.org.uk/join-us/competitions-and-opportunities-our-membership#Summer
Last updated: 7/6/23 RL