Yapp Charitable Trust
Grants available for: Registered charities that have been constituted for at least 3 years, with annual expenditure of £40,000 or less.
Size of grant available: Up to £3,000 per year for up to 3 years
Aims of Fund
To make small grants, for running costs and salaries, to small charities in England and Wales to help sustain their existing work.
Who can apply
Registered Charities in England and Wales that have been constituted and running for at least 3 years, with annual expenditure of less than £40,000.
How much and what can you apply for
Up to £3,000 per year for up to 3 years, for running costs. .
They give grants for the core costs of small charities to sustain existing work with:
- Elderly people
- Children and young people aged 5 – 25
- People with physical impairments, learning difficulties or mental health challenges
- Social welfare – people trying to overcome life-limiting problems of a social, rather than medical, origin (such as addiction, relationship difficulties, abuse, offending)
- Education and learning (with a particular interest in people who are educationally disadvantaged, whether adults or children)
- Work that is unattractive to the general public or unpopular with other funders
- Services that help to improve the lives of marginalised, disadvantaged or isolated people
- Applicants that can demonstrate an effective use of volunteers
- Charities that seek to be preventive and aim to change opinion and behaviour through raising awareness of issues, education and campaigning
- Applicants that can demonstrate (where feasible) an element of self sustainability by charging subscriptions/fees to service users
Applications that don’t address at least two of the above are unlikely to receive a grant.
Grants will not be given for new projects. Look at the list of exclusions before applying.
How to apply
Get in touch with them first to discuss your application. You will then need to complete an application form and return it with a copy of your most recent annual accounts, plus annual report if you have one, and any other supporting literature (e.g. promotional leaflet, newsletter and /or photographs).
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines.
Contact detailsUse the enquiries form on their website email@example.com 0191 3893300 www.yappcharitabletrust.org.uk
Page updated 24/1/2020 RL