Support for Tenants’ and Residents’ Associations
We are an independent charity. We offer free support to Tenants’ and Residents’ Associations run by Brighton & Hove City Council tenants and leaseholders. This is funded by Brighton & Hove City Council.
- How we can help your Tenants’ & Residents’ Association
- How to arrange support
- More about how we can help
- Written information and advice
How we can help your Tenants’ & Residents’ Association
We can help your group in a lot of different ways. We can:
- Design and print leaflets, posters and stationery
- Type up and print copies of minutes, agendas, and other paperwork you need for your meetings.
- Help new committees to get started, with short, informal introductory sessions on the role of Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Help you to raise money for your Association
- Provide independent examinations of your accounts
- Provide ongoing one-to-one support to help your committee to develop skills in:
- Support your committee to work well together, with support and advice about how to run good meetings, spread responsibilities and communicate well
- Work with you to plan, design and print newsletters
- Help you to use social media and email for your group
- Provide equipment – we have loads of useful things you can hire for a small charge
- Provide written advice and information about different aspects of running a group
- Organise town-wide training sessions for tenants’ association committee members
How to arrange support
- To request the support you need, or just ask more about what we can offer, contact us.
- The Resource Centre is open 9am-4pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- We are at 6 Tilbury Place, Brighton BN2 0GY.
- You can phone us on 01273 606160, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about how we can help
These pages contain more detail about the support we offer to Tenants’ and Residents’ Associations.
- Support for chairs
- Support for secretaries
- Support for treasurers
- Support with raising money
- Support with publicity and printing
- Support with newsletters
- Support with organising your AGM
- Independent examination of accounts at the Resource Centre
- Town-wide sessions for Tenants’ and Residents’ Associations
We have a large number of written information sheets, especially for small community groups. Tenants’ and Residents’ Associations may find the following particularly useful.
- Roles of officers
- Chairing meetings
- How to improve your chairing skills
- Secretary’s role
- Treasurer’s Role
- Getting a group started
- Involving people in your group
- Organising a public meeting
- Your group’s money
- Financial rules
- AGM Checklist
- Designing and using questionnaires
- Planning a community newsletter
- Fundraising ideas
- Examinations of accounts
Published October 2016