Equipment for meetings, displays and presentations
This equipment enables you to run professional meetings,workshops, conferences and presentations, at an affordable cost.
For each different item in this section, we have one set available for extended hire (up to 6 weeks). A group may hire all sets of a particular item (eg exhibition boards), but only for one week. Otherwise, the maximum hire period is two weeks.
- Air purifiers
- Data projector (Epson)
- Data projector (Nebula Solar, 400 lumens) - small, runs on batteries
- DVD player
- Exhibition boards (free-standing with 7 panels)
- Exhibition boards (table top)
- Flip chart
- Free-standing A2 and A3 signs
- Induction loop
- Induction loop (portable)
- Infra-red hearing system
- Laptop (PC)
- Meeting Owl set
- Megaphone (30W)
- Megaphone (60W)
- PA 1 (50W)
- PA 3 (battery powered, lightweight, in a backpack)
- PA 4 and 6 (Alto Spectrum with LED lights)
- PA 5 (very small and portable)
- PA 7 and PA 8 (80W)
- PA 9 (80W with extra microphone)
- Projection screens
- Zoom account
- Other people who can help with Equipment for meetings, displays and presentations
Organising your Annual General Meeting
This information sheet looks at what chairing a meeting involves, and how to do it. There are some useful tips and advice to help improve and develop your chairing skills.
Planning and writing an equality and diversity policy for small volunteer-run community groups.
However big or small your event is going to be, planning it will follow the same general pattern – and you will want to avoid the same common pitfalls!
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about our equipment hire service.
These books are available at the Resource Centre, to borrow or to use in the Centre.
Our community print room has equipment groups can use to produce notices, agendas, minutes and reports for your meetings and events. As well as a colour photocopier and low-cost duplicators, we have a binding machine, folding machine, laminator and booklet maker, to help you present your documents nicely.
The services listed below are not provided by the Resource Centre. These are websites and services we feel are particularly useful for small groups in Brighton & Hove, and which are not easy to find by searching the internet.
Most useful services for local groups
Community Base provides office space for local voluntary sector groups. To join the waiting list for office space, email email@example.com
They also provide the following services for all local groups:
- Badges made
- Banner printing
- CD burning
- Community television
- Computing in Minority Languages
- First aid cover at events
- Help with making films
- Information about campaigning
- Information on rooms for hire
- Information on running a group
- Interpreting and translating
- Office space
- Printing services
- Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
- Training for community groups