Other people who can help with Office space
BMECP have office space to rent. Also have hot desks which can be rented for a fixed number of hours per month. These include access to filing space and a broadband connection, phone, computers and printers. They have cheap photocopying available. They can help BME groups with fundraising.
Community Base provides office space for local voluntary sector groups. To join the waiting list for office space, email firstname.lastname@example.org
They also provide the following services for all local groups:
- Venue Search, a database of venues for hire in Brighton & Hove. After a redesign in late 2019, this database currently has very few venues on it but will hopefully get better again with time. If you run a venue, please register and add your venue onto the database.
- Volunteer Search, where local groups can advertise for volunteers and individuals can look for volunteering opportunities.
- Community Job Search, where local groups can advertise jobs
- A postal address service for £25 per year
- Free access to Funds Online, the Directory of Social Change’s comprehensive guide to grant funding trusts in the United Kingdom. To access this, email email@example.com
ESCIS is an online database of community organisations and events across East Sussex and including Brighton & Hove. It holds searchable information on around 7,000 local organisations. Any local not-for-profit group can add themselves to the database. You can search by geographical area, keyword, type of group or service. The database includes Community venues for hire
Photography studio and workspace for artists, designers, etc. They have a riso print machine and colour laser printer, some photography and lighting equipment for hire, and a photography studio that can be hired by the quarter/half/full day.