Information about managing volunteers
Other people who can help with Information about managing volunteers
Finding volunteers, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Help with fundraising, Information about managing volunteers, Information on funding sources, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on running a group, Networking and finding other community groups, One to one support with managing money, Providers of example equal opportunities policies, Statistics and data, Training for community groups, Training in book-keeping
Community Works runs the following projects for the voluntary sector in Brighton & Hove:
- A network of elected representatives, who speak on behalf of the sector at council and strategic partnership meetings.
- Six-monthly conferences and other networks where community and voluntary groups can get together and share experiences, information and views
- Volunteer Centre services:
- You can advertise volunteer opportunities on the Community Works website.
- They have a good practice guide for community groups who work with volunteers. It includes sample forms and policies for groups to adapt.
- Regular forum for volunteer managers.
- Face to face appointments every Thursday at the Job Centre and Community Works offices for people seeking volunteer work (book in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234860)
- Support for trustees and management committee members
- Business skills volunteering, which brokers relationships between voluntary groups and businesses
- A programme of training courses
- A mentoring scheme
- One-to-one consultancy
- A funding bid reading service
- A bank of sample policies and procedures, to help larger organisations develop their own policies.
- free half-hour one-to-one advice surgeries on any topic. These run on the last Tuesday of each month, between 2pm and 4.30pm. You need to book in advance - email email@example.com or call 01273 234023
They have an electronic voting system which is available to hire. This consists of hand-held pads which can be used by people in a meeting to vote. The results are then displayed instantly on a laptop. They also have a wooden ballot box, which groups can borrow.
Health and Safety Information, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information on being an employer, Information on legal issues, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information about managing volunteers, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational), Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
Produce a 5 step guide to risk assessment, available online. Also publish a range of health and safety publications, including a guide to drawing up a Safety Policy and Accident Report forms.
Matches volunteering roles, such as trustee and treasurer roles, with volunteers. You can advertise your organisations' voluntary role, or you can search for organisations looking for volunteers.
Supports community sports organisations to find volunteers. Also provides useful information on calculating the value of volunteer time.
Fundraising ideas and information, Information about community shares, Information about managing volunteers, Information on being an employer, Information on charities and charity law, Information on insurance, Information on legal issues, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on producing financial and business plans, Information on running a group
NCVO have a wide range of information on all aspects of running a community and voluntary group. They publish guidance on trustee liability and on insurance for volunteers and organisations, You can also ask questions about working in the community and voluntary sector. For example, how to recruit trustees, queries about employment legislation, or where to get a financial advisor.
NCVO's Workforce Project aims to share best practice on employment in the voluntary sector.
Advice about banking and investments, Finding volunteers, Help with developing constitutions and sample constitutions, Information about managing volunteers, Information on charities and charity law, Information on legal structures, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on managing money, Online tools to help choose a legal structure
Their website has a 'trustee finder'.
Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information about managing volunteers, Information on being an employer, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups