Other people who can help with Community venues
Community venues, Information on food hygiene, Information on funding sources, Information on insurance, Information on producing financial and business plans, Training for community groups
Provide a range of support services for community groups who want to run activities to do with growing or cooking food.
Have a useful guide on reducing food waste at community events.
Have information on setting up and running community cafes.
They have useful information about venues in Brighton & Hove that have kitchens that can be used for community events involving food and shared meals. Contact them directly to ask for details.
They also have information about places to hire or borrow catering equipment and about training courses for groups running food projects.
Community Base provides office space for local voluntary sector groups. To join the waiting list for office space, email email@example.com
They also provide the following services for all local groups:
- Venue Search, a database of venues for hire in Brighton & Hove. (This currently works on most browsers except Firefox 11/1/19.)
- Volunteer Search, where local groups can advertise for volunteers and individuals can look for volunteering opportunities.
- Community Job Search, where local groups can advertise jobs
- A postal address service for £25 per year
- Free access to Funds Online, the Directory of Social Change’s comprehensive guide to grant funding trusts in the United Kingdom. To access this, email firstname.lastname@example.org