Training in book-keeping
Other people who can help with Training in book-keeping
Finding volunteers, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Help with fundraising, Information about managing volunteers, Information on funding sources, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on running a group, Networking and finding other community groups, One to one support with managing money, Providers of example equal opportunities policies, Statistics and data, Training for community groups, Training in book-keeping
Community Works runs the following projects for the voluntary sector in Brighton & Hove:
- A network of elected representatives, who speak on behalf of the sector at council and strategic partnership meetings.
- Six-monthly conferences and other networks where community and voluntary groups can get together and share experiences, information and views
- Volunteer Centre services:
- You can advertise volunteer opportunities on the Community Works website.
- They have a good practice guide for community groups who work with volunteers. It includes sample forms and policies for groups to adapt.
- Regular forum for volunteer managers.
- Face to face appointments every Thursday at the Job Centre and Community Works offices for people seeking volunteer work (book in advance on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 234860)
- Support for trustees and management committee members
- Business skills volunteering, which brokers relationships between voluntary groups and businesses
- A programme of training courses
- A mentoring scheme
- One-to-one consultancy
- A funding bid reading service
- A bank of sample policies and procedures, to help larger organisations develop their own policies.
- free half-hour one-to-one advice surgeries on any topic. These run on the last Tuesday of each month, between 2pm and 4.30pm. You need to book in advance - email email@example.com or call 01273 234023
They have an electronic voting system which is available to hire. This consists of hand-held pads which can be used by people in a meeting to vote. The results are then displayed instantly on a laptop. They also have a wooden ballot box, which groups can borrow.
Independent examinations for charities (with income below £1 million). Consultancy, Quickbooks training and help setting up financial systems. Please note that these services are not suitable for CICs.