Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational)
Other people who can help with Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational)
Fire Protection, Health and Safety Information, Information about running gambling activities such as raffles or bingo, Information on being an employer, Information on food hygiene, Information on legal issues, Information on running events and festivals, Raffle Tickets, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational), Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
The BHCC Health and Safety team monitors and advises on health and safety in Brighton and Hove workplaces and venues. They are also responsible for issuing licenses, for example for raffles.
For information about raffle registration see www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/business-and-trade/licensing-and-gambling/lotteries-and-raffles
Help with developing constitutions and sample constitutions, Information on charities and charity law, Information on insurance, Information on legal structures, Information on managing money, Information on running a group, Information on running childrens groups, Information on setting up a company, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational)
Very comprehensive website with information how to set up a charity, legal guidance, and a database of all registered charities. Also has specialist guidance section specifically aimed at small groups wanting to become charities.
The Charity Commission is now part of the GOV.uk site, which can make it difficult to search for the information you need. They advise you to:
- always include 'charity commission' in your search terms, eg 'report serious incident charity commission'
- enter your search term, then select 'Charity Commission' from the drop down list of 'Organisations' on the search results page
Some specific guidance you may find useful:
- Information on the regulations about accounts and reporting for registered charities
- Guidance on the forms of insurance available to charity trustees, highlighting the importance of risk assessment
- Model governing documents for charities, including unincorporated associations and small charities
- Guidance about trustee conflicts of interest, including employing trustees
- Enquiries form
Health and Safety Information, Help with developing policies and sample policies, Information on being an employer, Information on legal issues, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information about managing volunteers, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational), Risk Assessment (Health and Safety / Fire)
Produce a 5 step guide to risk assessment, available online. Also publish a range of health and safety publications, including a guide to drawing up a Safety Policy and Accident Report forms.