Information on running childrens groups
Other people who can help with Information on running childrens groups
Offer policy and practice advice to anyone running childcare. Membership costs £32 per year for groups with income under £25,000, £48 for groups with income over £25,000. Members have access to free publications and helpline.
Regulates adventure activities through licensing. Provides information on the circumstances in which a licence is required to run adventure activities.
Help with developing constitutions and sample constitutions, Information on charities and charity law, Information on insurance, Information on legal structures, Information on managing money, Information on running a group, Information on running childrens groups, Information on setting up a company, Risk Assessment (Financial and Organisational)
Very comprehensive website with information how to set up a charity, legal guidance, and a database of all registered charities. Also has specialist guidance section specifically aimed at small groups wanting to become charities.
The Charity Commission is now part of the GOV.uk site, which can make it difficult to search for the information you need. They advise you to:
- always include 'charity commission' in your search terms, eg 'report serious incident charity commission'
- enter your search term, then select 'Charity Commission' from the drop down list of 'Organisations' on the search results page
Some specific guidance you may find useful:
- Information on the regulations about accounts and reporting for registered charities
- Guidance on the forms of insurance available to charity trustees, highlighting the importance of risk assessment
- Model governing documents for charities, including unincorporated associations and small charities
- Guidance about trustee conflicts of interest, including employing trustees
- Enquiries form
Advice about DBS checking, Information and training about safeguarding, Information on being an employer, Information on legal issues, Information on managing community and voluntary sector groups, Information on running childrens groups
Have a DBS guide to help groups understand when it is appropriate to DBS check staff and volunteers.
The NSPCC Consultancy services provide support and advice to community organisations working with children.
They also have a wide range of publications on child protection and safeguarding children on their website.
Most organisations providing childcare for children under 8 years old need to be registered with Ofsted. Ofsted are also an umbrella body providing Disclosure and Barring Service checks.