Resource Centre AGM 2022
Thank you to everyone who came along to our AGM 2022 on Thursday 3rd November. It was an absolute delight to be back in person after two years of zoom AGMs, and the room was abuzz with conversation, connection and laughter! We were joined by 31 people (27 in the room, and four on zoom) from 21 member groups.
Using polling cards in the room, and an online poll on zoom, our new management committee for 2022-23 was elected:
- Awel Harun Abdo, Oromo Community in Brighton & Hove
- Ramy Mohamed Alsafe, Sudan Club
- Robin Berry, Coldean Residents’ Association
- Muriel Briault, North Portslade Residents’ Association
- Christine El Shabba, Robert Lodge Residents’ Association
- Aisha El-Turki, Alnoure Academy
- Jonathan White, On Your Way Job Club
- Jason Williams, Hereford Court Tenants’ Association
- Ahmad Yabroudi, Sussex Syrian Community Group
We thanked Ann Packham from Ingram Crescent Residents’ Association, who stepped down this year, for her long service on the committee. We held a minute’s silence in memory of Barry Hughes, who we all miss dearly.
The meeting approved our annual accounts and heard about the work of the Resource Centre over the last year. We recognised and celebrated the fact that the Resource Centre and so many member groups are still here following the Covid-19 pandemic and still doing amazing work in our communities.
We enjoyed a buffet and socialising together, and had some fun meeting new people or reconnecting with old friends in our ‘AGM selfie challenge’:
If you would like a copy of any photograph of yourself from the selection on this page, please get in touch and we can print one for you. If you would like your photographs deleted, please let us know