Spring Conference 2017 – Who washes the tea towels?
Sussex Clubs for Young People are working with the University of Brighton to provide a conference with “nuggets” of training opportunities that will support your whole youth club. It won’t just be about safeguarding and youth work training, but a chance to meet with others to have fun, with just a little bit of Swedish Disco Dancing. Their idea is that for their Spring Conference on Saturday 22nd April 2017 your committee chair, treasurer, safeguarding officer, youth worker and young volunteers will come together to take part in a range of bite-sized courses and seminars to help you fund-raise, manage your club and develop your staff and volunteer team. It will also put you in touch with people who can offer more advice and training if you want to take your learning further.
Sessions on offer:
- Swedish Disco Dancing
- How to run a DJ Workshop
- Fundraising tips and grants
- Stress Busters
- Working with challenging behaviour
- Digital Festival
- Tackling Homophobia
- Connecting with your community
- Developing your staff and volunteer teams
- Writing your child protection policy
- Games and icebreakers for youth clubs
- Plus a market place with a range of providers (If you are interesting in having a stand, please contact us for more details – £30 per pitch.
Cost for the day £10 per person (£5 for young people) as a contribution towards food and refreshments. They will send an invoice for all spaces reserved. Please contact Sussex Clubs for Young People for help with transport or the cost of the event.
To register, please go to