Community Works is running another Finance for Small Groups training course on 23 and 30 November 2016.
Please note this course takes place on 2 successive Wednesdays and you need to attend on BOTH days.
Course length: 2 x sessions over 2 days
Date: 23 and 30 November 2016
Venue: The Bridge Community Education Centre, Lucraft Road, Brighton.
Trainer: Steve Early
Who is this course for?
This two half-day course is aimed at anyone from a small community group who wants to understand more about bookkeeping, financial management and budgeting. It is aimed specifically at groups:
- With an income of under £35,000 and who are receiving a grant through the Community Health Fund and/or who are delivering health and well-being activities
- Community Works will prioritise those groups whose health and well-being activities support LGBT people, younger people and older people e.g. physical activity, arts / heritage /culture, food and nutrition, intergenerational work
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- keep basic books using an Excel template designed by the Resource Centre
- write an accurate budget including your core costs
- account for each fund you have separately
- put in place appropriate financial controls
- provide financial information to the rest of your management committee
- understand the rules around independent examinations
For more information on either session or to book your place visit:
http://bhcommunityworks.org.uk/finance-for-small-groups or please call 01273 234023