Community Works is running a workshop on How to become a Charitable Incorporated organisation.
Where: Rose Room, BMECP, Fleet Street
When: 12 February, 6.00-8.00pm
Book: via Eventbrite
Led by Tim Smith of Griffith Smith Solicitors, this session will provide the opportunity to learn more about the Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) legal structure, including the differences between a CIO and a Community Interest Company (CIC), and how to convert from a CIC to a CIO.
It will look at issues such as:
- what is a CIO and the requirements?
- the main reasons for choosing a CIO structure
- reasons not to choose a CIO structure
- ‘association’ versus ‘foundation’ model
- how to go about setting up a CIO and demonstrating your charitable objectives effectively
- understanding the challenges of adopting a CIO structure
- the process for converting to a CIO from another structure e.g. CIC
- the differences between a CIO and CIC
The workshop is free, but you need to register – priority will be given to Community Works members.