Grants available for: constituted community groups and registered not-for-profit organisations in England, for projects of up to one year in duration
Size of grants given: £1,000 – £5,000
Next deadline: 10th January 2020
Aims of Fund
To increase participation of young people in meaningful social action, with a particular focus on deprived areas. The fund looks to support activities that create opportunities for young people aged 10-20 (or to 25 for disabled people) to develop their character and their capacity to contribute to their community.
Who can apply
This fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs in England.
New groups can apply if they can demonstrate they are financially robust.
How much and what can you apply for
Grants are between £1000 and £5,000 for projects of up to one year in duration. The fund will prioritise projects that:
- Seek to increase participation from young people from less affluent social economic groups, hard to reach groups and people who might not usually take part in social action;
- Are working with young people at the younger end of the spectrum (10-14 years old);
- Build the appetite of young people to continue with social action; support habit forming behaviour; leave a legacy of behaviour/activity after the funding stops;
- Involve young people in planning, delivery and evaluation;
- Give young people the opportunity to learn new skills and develop their character and confidence;
- Give young people the platform to get their voices heard.
The fund aims to develop opportunities rather than fund the provision of existing youth work.
You can apply for funding for the following types of cost:
- Staff costs
- Development and capacity building costs
- Volunteer costs
- Activity costs
How to apply
The fund is administered by Sussex Community Foundation but has its own application form, which can be accessed online.
Read the guidance notes to help you.
Deadlines for application
The next deadline is Friday 10th January 2020 at 5pm.
Sussex Community Foundation grants team
01273 409 440
Last updated 18/9/2019 RL