Comic Relief Covid-19 Community Grants
Grants available for: community-led not for profit organisations in England
Size of grants given: up to £4,000
Deadlines: End of 2020
Aims of Fund
To support local grass roots organisations to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals, families and communities during the COVID-19 crisis and recover from the impact of COVID-19 has had on their services.
Who can apply
Grassroots, community-led not-for-profit organisations in England. Must have an annual income of £250,000 or below. Will accept applications from:
- Constituted voluntary and community groups (unincorporated associations)
- Social enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
How much and what can you apply for
Grants of up to £4,000 to deliver projects that address one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
- Children Survive and Thrive
- Fighting for Gender Justice
- A Safe Place to Be
- Mental Health Matters
Projects must work directly with beneficiaries, and the organisation must draw on the ‘lived experiences’ of people experiencing the issues being tackled.
All funding will need to be spent by the end of February 2021. Core organisational costs may be included but the fund will not fund applications which only contribute to an organisation’s general running costs.
Examples of the types of applications which this fund may support include:
- Funding to support an increased number of homeless beneficiaries with food, shelter and general welfare
- Funding to support organisations who are assisting vulnerable families, and/or specifically Women and Girls in difficult home situations
- Funding to provide telephone help lines, food parcels, support with wellbeing and mental health
This list is not exhaustive and there will be many other types of applications that could be funded.
How to apply
Deadlines for application
Apply by the end of 2020. Funds must be spent by the end of February 2021.
0121 237 5800
Page updated 4/8/20 DA