B&Q Community Re-Use
Donations for: not-for-profit groups and organisations
Donations of unsellable items
Registration dates to be announced
Aims of scheme
B&Q stores donate unsellable products and materials for re-use by local schools, other educational institutions and community groups, for the benefit of the local community and the environment.
Who can apply
Local schools, educational institutions and community groups. For example:
- Community garden projects
- Registered charities
- Schools and colleges
- Youth groups, Scouts and Guides
- Preschool groups and registered child minders
What can you apply for
The types of material includes:
- Wood, including off cuts and single use pallets
- Plastic plant pots and trays
- Damaged or part filled cans of paint.
- Broken tiles and slabs
- Ends of wallpaper rolls
- Plants that are not in peak condition and other compostable materials
- Old products that have been written off
If you are looking for paint, try this list of Paint recycling schemes.
How to apply
The scheme isn’t currently accepting new registrations, but hopes to re-open registration by the end of 2022. Groups that are already registered will continue to recieve email notifications when materials become available.
Contact detailsB&Q Brighton: Lewes Road, Pavilion Retail Park, BN2 3QA Website: https://www.diy.com/responsible-business/waste-donation Phone: 01273 679 926