Tesco Bags of Help
Grants available for: Any non profit making group or organisation
Size of grants given: £4,000, £2,000 or £1,000
Aims of Fund
To support projects that bring benefit to the community.
Who can apply
All community organisations, including community groups, charities, schools, health bodies, NHS trusts, local authorities, parish councils and social housing providers.
How much and what can you apply for
Three community projects in each local area will be voted on by customers in Tesco stores throughout Britain, with projects changing every other month. Following the vote, the project that received the most votes in its area will receive a grant of up to £4,000, second place receiving up to £2,000 and third place up to £1,000.
The types of projects funded will be very broad and will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project, this could range from:
- Purchasing items which will benefit local community groups such as sports kit, specialised medical equipment, art and crafts materials, spades, litter pickers, camping equipment.
- Improvements to a building that benefits the local community such as a Scout or Guide hut, church or village hall, changing facilities for sports.
- Developing an outdoor space play area, allotment, park, school grounds, woodland or wildlife area.
- Running a community event or activity such as fun runs, village fete, clean-up day, tree planting, bird watch.
- Supporting seasonal activities such as purchasing new Christmas lights, supporting a Christmas meal for the homeless or a Diwali celebration event for the community etc.
Bags of Help can fund 100% of your project costs so you do not have to have any match funding. However, if you secured additional funding, there is no limit to what this amount can be and any funding awarded by Bags of Help can form part of your wider project costs.
Your project can be a stand-alone project or discrete, self-contained part of a larger scheme or part of a phased project. You will need to complete your project within twelve months of receipt of the grant.
For any projects that are making a physical improvement to an outdoor space, you will need the landowner’s permission and you might also need other permissions – e.g. planning permission. These need to be in place before you submit your application and the landowner permission form will need to be completed and signed as part of your application.
How to apply
Make sure you read the guidance notes before you apply. These are available online.
First you need to take the eligibility quiz on their website. Then you will be directed to an online application form. You can save your form as you go along, and then submit it when you are happy with it.
You will need the postcode of your nearest Tesco store when you apply. You can use their store finder for this.
Contact detailsMore information about the fund: www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/tescocommunityscheme/pages/Category/boh-grant-for-project-tes 0121 237 5780 To email, fill in the contact form on the website
Page updated 27/10/18 RR