Awards for all
Grants available for: not-for-profit groups. Community projects that will run for up to a year.
Size of grants given: £300 to £10,000
No deadlines. Applications take 3-4 months to process.
Aims of Fund
To help improve local communities and the lives of people most in need.
Who can apply
Any not-for-profit group.
New groups are encouraged to apply. However you should draw up a constitution and open a bank account before you do.
How much and what can you apply for
Grants are between £300 and £10,000 for specific projects. The money must be completely spent within one year, and you will have to show that your project meets one of the following outcomes:
- People have better chances in life with better access to training and development to improve their life skills.
- Stronger communities with more active citizens working together to tackle their problems.
- Improved rural and urban environments which communities are better able to access and enjoy.
- Healthier and more active people and communities.
You can use funding to pay for: publicity materials, venue hire, professional fees, computers, feasibility studies, transport costs, musical instruments, volunteer’s expenses, updating equipment for health and safety reasons, sports equipment, refurbishment, training, sessional staff (non-employees), fees to hire equipment, educational toys and games etc.
The guidance notes have a list of things that Awards for All will not fund. It includes:
- repeat events or activities that you have run in the last 3 years, IF your organisation has an income above £30,000 per year. If your organisation’s income is less than this, you may apply for funding for repeat activities.
- rent, gas, electricity, water bills or maintenance costs
- salaries for permanent or fixed term contract jobs
- building work or land improvement
Have a look at the list before you start to plan your application.
Groups can receive a maximum of £10,000 each year.
Successful applicants in Brighton & Hove 2015/16 include:
- The Moulsecoomb Treasures
- One Church Brighton
- Sussex ME/CFS Society
- The People’s Festival
- Upside Comics
- The City of Brighton Gay Men’s Chorus
- Moulsecoomb Primary School
- Synergy Creative Community
- Sussex Kurdish Community
- Sussex Bears Basketball Club
- New Note Orchestra
- Lunch Positive
- The Clock Tower Sanctuary
- Cultures Club
- Art in Mind
- St Andrew’s Community Pre-School
- Kipling Festival Rottingdean
How to apply
Download an application form from the website, complete it, and email it to Awards for All. If your application is successful you will be asked to send the following documents within 20 days:
- a copy of your constitution
- a signed copy of your latest annual accounts
- a bank details form
- recent bank statements
Deadlines for application
There are no deadlines. You should hear within 6 weeks of them receiving a complete application.
Contact detailsAwards for All
2 St James’ Gate
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE1 4BETo get an application pack, call 0845 410 20 30
Date & initials