Getting outside help with organising events and activities
All groups are welcome to drop in at the Resource Centre to ask a question, check our noticeboards and reference library or have a brief chat with our knowledgeable front desk staff.
We offer additional support to:
- Tenants’ or Residents’ Associations for Brighton & Hove City Council tenants and leaseholders, and/or
- Groups run by and for people living in an area of social housing, and/or
- Groups run by and for black and minority ethnic people, and/or
- Groups run by and for disabled people.
If you think you may be eligible, contact us to find out whether we can help.
See below for more details on support we can offer to help you with organising events and activities.
Click the Links tab above for details of other organisations who offer training, consultancy and information to help you run your group. Community Works have a useful list of local support organisations on their website.
Is your Annual General Meeting coming up soon? The Resource Centre can help you prepare.
Creating a newsletter can be a really useful way of keeping members of your group regularly updated on important local issues, upcoming events and on the work of your group. But it does involve a bit of forward planning and will take a bit of time.
At the Resource Centre we can help groups to produce publicity and stationery, and provide administrative support.
The services listed below are not provided by the Resource Centre. These are websites and services we feel are particularly useful for small groups in Brighton & Hove, and which are not easy to find by searching the internet.Other services you might find useful
- Getting outside help with design and planning
- Getting outside help with IT
- Getting outside help with running a sports group
- Help with developing a website
- Help with developing policies and sample policies
- Help with fundraising
- Help with layout and design
- Help with making films
- Help with project planning
- Support for black and minority ethnic groups
- Training for community groups